The Ferrari Classiche department in Maranello has produced another masterpiece. It has sympathetically restored a Ferrari 212 Export Coupé Vignale to its former splendour. The car has an unusual history. It was built in April 1951, then in May, it was sold to Antonio Mambretti Sozogni Juva and a month later it was sold to the company of the Duke Cesare d’Acquarone.
In fact, it was the Duke of Acquarone, who at the end of 1951, opted for a radical change of bodywork. The car, which was originally a hardtop, was transformed into a convertible or “Barchetta” by Vignale. In 1957 it changed hands again, bought by an enthusiast from Padua, whose son sold the car to a Brazilian collector years later.
The car has undergone a total ground-up rebuild, restored to the way it was come the end of 1951.